Radiology Billing Services
Reducing reimbursement rates, increasing infrastructure costs, and shifts in payer mix create challenges for radiology practices. It is more important than ever before to ensure that you can maximize reimbursements and sustain profits.
The unique aspects of billing for radiology services can be challenging for radiologists. It is a service that uses imaging techniques for both diagnosis and treatment of a disease. Radiology has multiple nuances due to its continually evolving advanced technology & treatment methods. Often there are new additions to the CPT codes used for billing radiology services practice, which demands constant attention.
Unlike other medical specialties, Radiology consists of two billing components — the professional component & the technical component. When a radiologist uses a radiology apparatus, dyes & machines, they must bill it under technical elements. When the radiologist interprets the diagnostic results, they must bill the service under the professional part.
Our team consists of certified, trained billers & coders who understand the complexity of Radiology billing. They envisage the impact on the revenue of a radiology practice caused by ignoring the act of differentiating between radiology’s professional & technical components while billing.
Medical Billing Services Expertise in Radiology Billing
Medical Billing Wholesalers possesses a team of talented and trained radiology billers and coders who work effectively to reduce denials and increase your practice’s revenue. Our client base extends over 50 states covering a wide range of hospitals, physician practices, imaging centers, and medical billing companies. Our coders are proficient in ICD-9/10, CPT, HCPCS coding based on CMS and AMA guidelines, EMR & PMS software, and certified by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Applying best practices for Radiology Billing
Our team of billers & coders understand Radiology billing’s unique requirements and strive to build a denial-free claim submission process for your practice. We are aware that Radiology is inseparable from the use of advanced equipment. Therefore we use both CPT and Dx-code while billing for service. We also focus on significantly reducing denial rates while improving collections through clear & accurate claim submission processes.
Our expertise in Radiology Billing includes but is not limited to:
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA)
- Positron emission tomography (PET)
- Therapeutic Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine
Maximizing Reimbursements from Radiology Claims
- Shifting focus from denial management to denial prevention. We improve collections by mapping the denials to root causes and working with the practices to eliminate these root causes. Our iterative processes enable the practices to imbibe best practices in clinical documentation, coding and claims submission to shift the focus to denial prevention.
- Identifying underpayments. We compare payments received against contracted rates. We pursue all cases of underpayments aggressively and resolve these by working with third-party payers.
- Business Intelligence. We create custom scheduled/on-demand reports, supporting better decision making, identification, and implementation issues.
- Extensive Experience. We support several interventional and diagnostic radiology clients based at renowned hospitals and academic medical centers.
We bring decades of experience that we have gained from working with world-class imaging centers and hospitals to manage & develop your revenue cycle. Our team ensures that all processes are HIPAA compliant. Medical Billing Wholesalers understand that Radiology revolves around patient care and helps physicians focus on precisely that, as we focus on reducing your operational costs significantly. We bring you a team of specialists that are:
- Certified by the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) and has received training in most common Medical Coding Software
- Successful in processing medical claims with most commercial insurance companies including UHC, WellPoint, Aetna, Humana BCBS, and Anthem, and government payers such as Medicare
- Successful in working with Medicare and understand state-specific Medicaid Policies
- Experts in reducing costs and helping you achieve improved clinical and operational efficiency