Dermatology Billing Services
Dermatology billing can be intricate and complicated as it has evolved immensely over the years. It requires a clear description of skin lesions, including the size, the number, and the precise location. Dermatology billing also requires detailed information on the biopsy, excision, and lesion destruction.
In addition to the constantly changing patterns of insurance and reimbursement policies, dermatology has also changed rapidly. Dermatology has expanded beyond medical and surgical. It now includes a variety of cosmetic surgeries.
A dermatology practice requires implementing technology, seamless processes, and performance against several service lines to avoid being under-compensated or deal with audits & fines. Outsourcing to a seasoned service provider gives you access to a team of professionals trained in end-to-end billing for dermatology.
Medical Billing Services Expertise in Dermatology
Our team of medical billing and coding professionals is competent in understanding the unique attributes of dermatology billing. We have a client base that extends over 50 states covering a wide range of hospitals, physician practices, and medical billing companies. Our coders are proficient in ICD-9/10, CPT, HCPCS coding based on CMS and AMA guidelines and are certified by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Applying best practices for Dermatology Billing
Our team understands global surgical packages for Dermatology, including a preoperative visit on the day before significant surgeries or the day of minor surgeries, intraoperative services, postoperative care, supplies, wound care, and postoperative complications. We are also well-versed in the CPT codes provided by CMS for each procedure and their global periods.
Our expertise in Dermatology includes but is not limited to:
- Medical Dermatology
- Surgical Dermatology
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Dermatopathology and Oral Pathology Laboratory
- Photomedicine (Phototherapy & Photopheresis)
We employ our extensive experience gained over decades of supporting Dermatology practices. Medical Billing Wholesalers can reduce your staffing and administrative expenses, increase revenue, and ensure compliance with all standards with additional benefits.
- Certified by The American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) and has received training in most common Medical Coding Software
- Successful in processing medical claims with most commercial insurance companies including UHC, WellPoint, Aetna, Humana BCBS, and Anthem, and government payers such as Medicare
- Successful in working with Medicare and understand state-specific Medicaid Policies
- We reduce costs and help you achieve improved clinical and operational efficiency