Cardiology Billing Services
With rapidly evolving technologies and complex diagnostic protocols, cardiology billing is best done by experts. Constant advancements in the specialty are leading to complex, ever-changing codes for almost all procedures. In addition to this, the physicians do not have the time to manage billing and coding of cardiology services they deliver.
In cardiology billing, there is always a chance for upcoding or under-coding a procedure. As frequent changes in codes occur in procedures such as iliac repair, angioplasty, stent replacement, ECG recording, etc., cardiology practices lose a large amount of revenue to erroneous billing.
Our experts are certified, trained coders and billers informed with the recent advancements and developments in cardiology billing. They are technically sound and are aware of the complicated MACRA rules. We are capable of identifying and fixing issues in your billing system and increasing revenue.
Our expertise in Cardiology includes but is not limited to:
- Peripheral Studies
- Diagnostic Cardiologic Procedures
- Cardiac-Periphery interventions
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Nuclear Cardiology
Medical Billing Services Expertise in Cardiology
Our medical billing and coding professionals team are consistent, knowledgeable, and believe in creating friction-free billing functions for our Cardiology clients. We have a client base extended over 50 states covering a wide range of hospitals, physician practices, and medical billing companies. Our coders are proficient in ICD-9/10, CPT, HCPCS coding based on CMS and AMA guidelines and are certified by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Applying best practices for Cardiology Billing
Our team understands the list of codes and suitable modifiers given by CMS for cardiology billing and ensures that we stick to it. We apply different billing processes depending on whether the patient was an inpatient, outpatient, treated on the same day, or another day. Our specialists are aware that cardiac surgery preauthorization is essential to avoid authorization denials. We recommend the following best practices.
- Use of Electronic Health Records. The use of EHR systems can help you ensure high-quality clinical documentation and can avoid wrong documentation. Cardiology, in particular, can and does see a lot of changes in procedures, and robust clinical documentation processes can help you be compliant.
- Combo Codes. ICD-10 uses a lot of combination codes for different cardiology conditions. Our coders receive training on using these combination codes.
- Compliant coding is critical. By providing regular training to both coders and clinicians, you can stay updated on the constantly changing coding and billing guidelines and ensure compliant coding.
- Code for Diagnosis, not for Symptoms. Avoid coding for symptoms when they are not part of the treatment. Be sure about the Diagnosis and only code for the procedures performed and ailments treated. that are included.
We use multiple years of experience that we have gained from working with world-class cardiology facilities and hospitals to improve your revenue cycle. Our team performs an end-to-end analysis of potholes in your billing process and suggests practical solutions to turn them into income. Medical Billing Wholesalers helps cardiologists focus on patient care, as we focus on their administrative functions. We bring you a team of specialists who are:
- Certified by The American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) and has received training in most common Medical Coding Software
- Successful in processing medical claims with most commercial insurance companies including UHC, WellPoint, Aetna, Humana BCBS, and Anthem, and government payers such as Medicare
- Successful in working with Medicare and understand state-specific Medicaid Policies
- Experts in reducing costs and helping you achieve improved clinical and operational efficiency
- Able to ensure quick turnaround in credentialing cardiologists for specific payers